Tuesday, December 3, 2019

2020: Let's get moving


Hi everyone, and welcome back to Too Many Books to Count! I’m so glad you stopped by!

So, it’s December. Already. Even though I’m pretty sure November just started two days ago. And I’m not really sure what to do with that. But now that it’s December, it’s time for a whole new series!

This month, I want to talk about 2020. Yeah, I know, that’s usually something that I do in January. I spend the month talking about all the great things I have planned for the year ahead, and by the end of the month… sometimes I haven’t done any of it at all. And then I don't do it, at all... Which is why I decided that this time, I’m moving the 2020 theme to December! So you can all keep me in check, and ask me constantly if these are things I’m actually doing during the next year.

Now, I want to be clear though. These aren’t resolutions. I don’t do resolutions. I’m not very good at them, and I honestly don’t really see the point of them. I think that the majority of the time, if you make one, you’ll have broken it by the middle of spring at the latest—and where’s the fun in that? So these are all just things that I have planned for 2020, things I want to do in 2020, or things that I hope to do in 2020, if I find a way to do them.

First up?

2020: Let's get moving


If you’ve been following me over the past year and a half, then you probably know I took up belly dance in 2018. And I love it. Seriously. I cannot get enough of this dance form. I practice not infrequently, I very often find myself doing hip lifts to whatever song happens to be playing at the moment, and I just love having a way to connect my body and mind with the music that’s playing, and to express myself in a whole new way.

Next year, I want to ramp it up even more. I was asked to join a student belly dance troupe, this year, and though next year I know I still won’t have enough time to do it, I want to practice enough that in 2021, I’ll easily be able to join the troupe I want to be a part of. In 2020, I want to perfect a lot of things in my dance form. I want to learn how to travel gracefully across the floor, I want to perfect the graceful flow of my arms, and I want to master the art of layering something in my hips and my shoulders. Not to mention more work with zils and sword balancing.

Yeah. There’s a lot I want to do when it comes to belly dance, in 2020.


But I don’t think I want to limit myself to belly dance. I think it’d be fun to explore some other dance forms, as well. I’ve always been extremely fascinated by Irish dance, so I think that might be a fun place to start. I also want to look into ballroom dancing, maybe take a few classes to help me in perfecting that graceful movement I was talking about earlier.

Whatever the case, I want 2020 to be a year full of dancing. I want to be able to dance to any song you play around me. I want to be able to dance to live music, if I want to. And, I think, if I keep up the pace I’ve been at this year, I’ll be able to do it.


What about you? Do you all have any hobbies you’re hoping to ramp up in the year to come? I feel like that’s a pretty good resolution, if you’re going to make one—because it’s already something you do, something you love. You’re just adding a little more to it, along the way. Much easier than the huge resolutions I see most people making.

Next time? Something that’ll take even more of my time. ;-)

[love]

{Rani Divine}

No comments:

Post a Comment