Thursday, December 19, 2019

2020: Getting artsy


Hello there! Welcome back to Too Many Books to Count! I’m so glad that you stopped by. We’re somehow less than a week away from Christmas, and I’m slightly scrambling to get everything together before the holiday gets here. It’s a little chaotic, but you all know how much I love taking a few minutes to talk to you, during the week. It’s a highlight, honestly.

If you’ve been around during this insanely busy month, then you know we’ve been talking about 2020, and some of the things that I’m resolving to do in 2020, along with a few things that are already planned for next year and that I’m just really darn excited about. It’s not really about resolutions, but about getting excited for the new year, looking forward to all the great things that are to come, and thinking about all the cool things that are just on the horizon.

Today, we’ve come to the end of our series. I know, it seems early to me, too—blame the holidays, if you will. But I do have some really fun posts planned for next week and the week after, which meant that I needed to cut my 2020 series a little bit short. I did, however, save one of my favorites for last. (although, I’m fairly certain at this point that I’ve said I’m most excited about every single thing I’ve told you about…)

2020: Getting artsy


You know me; I like to dabble in art. I used to do acrylic painting. I’ve drawn. I’ve dabbled with so many mediums that I’m not even really sure where I should continue the list, but next year… next year, I’m getting back into painting. My mum and I are planning on taking up acrylic painting, and I’m hoping to get into watercolors as well. I’ve purchased some online courses to continue my studies on drawing, and I’d like to be able to publish some mixed media pieces, at some point.

Essentially, I’m artistic and I want 2020 to be more artistic, too. I think that’s something many of you probably noticed throughout this series, if I’m being honest. I dance, I write, I paint and draw… over half of what I do is artsy, when it comes down to it. I just love the arts, and dabbling across mediums.


So my goal, in 2020, is to try paint pouring, to learn at least some skills in brush strokes and styles with both acrylic and watercolor, and to hone my skills in portrait drawing. I really want to be able to draw my characters for you guys, so you have an even better idea of what the people in my head look like. I know it’s not necessary, nor is it something that really needs to be in a science fiction novel (I think it’s already a little late to do it for the druids, don’t you?), but that doesn’t mean I can’t draw them for fun, anyway!

2020, then, is going to be a busy year. I think we all already knew that. But this series has really helped me to see the number of fun things I have going on next year, along with the number of things I usually have to do, and new projects that are always popping up along the way.

I love it.

I cannot wait to jump in.

And now it’s your turn! Tell me all about the things you have planned for 2020!


[love]

{Rani Divine}

No comments:

Post a Comment