Thursday, December 26, 2019

It's Christmas: Being merry


Merry Christmas, everyone!


Yeah, yeah, I know, it was yesterday, but I didn’t want to change my post schedule and have to remember to hop online on Christmas day. You know how it is. But still, thank you all so much for checking back in to Too Many Books to Count, and allowing me to wish you a happy, happy Christmas!

You, all of you, mean a great deal to me. Whether you realize it or not, you’ve meant a lot to me, every time you’ve dropped in to read the words I’ve written. And I wanted to express that, during these festive times.

I know that the holidays can be a difficult time, for many people. I know that even I have had occasion to struggle my way through the holidays, though I generally adopt the “grin and bear it” attitude at some point along the way. And I know that for some of you, Grinching is easier for you in the long run, than trying to get into the holiday spirit. And that's okay. 

I also know that for some of you, getting into the holiday spirit is as easy as pie (which, by the way, is really easy to make). I know that even I have had years where I smile brightly without even thinking about it, and barely have to put any effort into my cheer. And I know that for some of us, that holiday spirit is just baked right in, right from the start. And that's okay, too.

No matter which one you are, no matter where on the spectrum you fall, I sincerely hope that you had the happiest of Christmases.


I really do.

I hope that you got a gift, from someone you love. I also hope you gave a few away—after all, that’s more fun sometimes, isn’t it?

I hope that you smiled, until your face hurt—after all, sometimes a smile is all we need, to feel that much better.

I hope that you felt that hope and peace, that’s always around for me, during the holidays. And I hope that you’ll have an amazing year to come.

And don’t worry; I’ll be back next week with some fun thoughts, for the end and beginning of years.

[love]

{Rani Divine}

No comments:

Post a Comment