Wednesday, November 21, 2018

Happy Day


Hey guys! Welcome back to Too Many Books to Count! I’m glad you stopped by, especially on a day like today.

Today, as I hope you all know (if you’re in the States, at least), is Thanksgiving.

It’s a day when we spend time with our family and friends, usually indulging in an exorbitant meal that contains far too many calories, and usually forgetting what the point of the holiday is supposed to be.

It’s not called turkey day, guys. It’s called Thanksgiving.


So, today, I wanted to take the time to say thank you, to all of you. Thank you for sticking around, for hanging out, for having fun and following me through my little writerly career. Thank you for reading. Thank you for being you.

I know that for a lot of us, the holidays aren’t a very exciting time. They’re a sad time, or a lonely time, or a time we’d rather not focus on. I think that accounts for a large portion of why there’s a push back against the holidays these days, and a focus on the minor holidays that come before the major ones. But I want you to know that you’re loved, you’re appreciated, and that I’m glad you’re around.

I’m thankful for you.

True, I might not even know your name.
True, I’ve probably never looked you in the eye.
True, we may never actually meet in person.

But that doesn’t mean I can’t be thankful for you, nor does it mean I can’t be praying for you as we get full swing into the holiday season.

And I am. I’m praying for you. Each and every one of you.

I’m praying that you close out 2018 in the best way possible, and that 2019 will be the best year ever. I’m praying peace for each of you, as we enter one of the most hectic times of the year. And I’m thanking God for each and every one of you.

Because you’re awesome.

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!

[love]

{Rani Divine}

No comments:

Post a Comment