Wednesday, December 7, 2016

Scriv It



Okay, so, Christmas presents for writers.

There’s one thing that I bought myself, that I wish someone would’ve thought of getting for me much, much sooner. See, I write a lot. In those days, I was writing about 4,000 words every day, and it was getting very confusing to keep track of everything that I’d written, because everything was in separate Word documents, ones that even I in my near infinite amount of organization couldn’t keep track of.

And then it happened. One day, I was talking to a friend of mine, a writer friend, who mentioned a software she’d found.

It was called…

Scrivener


After doing my research and deciding that extra organization could never be a bad thing, I jumped the gun and downloaded myself a copy of the software. It’s not expensive, but for writers, we for some reason tend not to want to spend money on things like software. I honestly don’t understand it.

I seriously geek out over this software. I recommend it to every writer who crosses my path, even though I know most of them won’t heed my advice. They think they’re content in their current software, that they’re happy with what they have and don’t want to switch. But believe me when I say that they’re wrong.

I’ll say it again: I wish someone had thought to buy me this software, long before I got it for myself.

Scrivener is essentially the ultimate writing tool for your computer. It organizes books into chapters and scenes to keep everything easier for us, the writers, to understand, while keeping every for one novel inside one neat Scrivener file. And it makes the editing process a million times easier by doing so.

In all honesty, if I tried to go back to Word now, I don’t think I would make it. I still use Word for editing, because it has a far greater processor when it comes to spell check and a few other conveniences, but every time I write, I write in Scrivener.

Every writer I know who’s tried it, would agree with me.

So make a teeny tiny splurge and get them a license of Scrivener. Show them that you care about their writing, by giving them something to advance their work.

Trust me, we’ll appreciate how much thought you put into the thing we so enjoy doing.

[love]

{Rani Divine}

No comments:

Post a Comment