Tuesday, April 7, 2020

Time for Change: The end of RAD Writing


Hi guys, and welcome back to Too Many Books to Count! I’m so glad you stopped by. This month, what with it being a season of change for literally everyone, I wanted to take a few weeks to tell you about all the changes coming for me, both personally and professionally.

First thing’s first:

RAD Writing is closing its doors.


I’m sure that’s as much a shock to you as it was to me, when I found out. And I’m also sure that by now, some of you have already heard this news. But RAD is trying to make their closing as quiet and dignified as possible, so aside from some major sales online, you probably won’t see much from them, on the subject.

The fact of the matter is, the company is coming to a close, and is currently in the process of terminating the publishing contracts of all their active authors.

Including me.

So, by the end of the year, I’ll no longer be a published author with RAD Writing. In fact, I don’t know that I’ll be a published author at all.


That’s probably been the thing that’s taken the longest for me to come to terms with. But I’ve known about this for over a month now, I’ve known this was happening, and I have had time to come to terms with it. I’ve had time to prepare, to come up with a plan for my future, and to apply for new positions. And then the quarantining happened. So all of those plans are currently on hold. I’m still plugging away on those plans, in any way I can, but with so many industries completely shut down… it’s hard.

In any case, I wanted you all to know exactly what’s going on.

If you’ve been to RAD Writing’s website in the past couple weeks, you’ll have noticed some changes. The submissions pages are no longer accessible, the blog and podcasts are gone, and everything is, well, different. And it’s going to stay that way.

What you should know, for now, is that if you do want copies of my books and haven’t yet had the time or money to go purchase them, this is your final chance. The copies still in stock at RAD Writing are the copies that I couldn’t purchase myself, copies that I couldn’t afford to buy from the publisher. And they’re on sale, at cost, until stock runs out. 


So if you haven’t gotten them yet, now’s your chance.

And you have no idea how strange that is to say. My books won’t be on the market much longer, at least for now. And no, I can’t say honestly that I know what the future holds, but I can promise you that I won’t stop writing, and that I will explore publishing options for the future. I’d prefer a traditional publisher, you know. And I’m sure I’ll find one.

I’ll also keep you posted, every step of the way.


Lastly, I just want to say thank you. Thank you, to all of you who’ve supported me over the years. Thank you, for being a part of my writing journey. And thank you, for staying with me as the journey continues—in a way I don’t think any of us expected.

[love]

{Rani Divine}

No comments:

Post a Comment