Friday, March 6, 2015

Claimed

Any of you watch The Walking Dead?

You remember that episode when Daryl is with that group of guys who "claim" everything? That's where my title comes from.

Yeah, those guys were jerks and we should probably never think of them again (except maybe to revel in the amazing gory bite scene near the end of the season), but there's one thing we can take away from them:

Claimed



You want something? Claim it.


(ladies, nobody's claiming Daryl here: not you, not me... move along)


My point here is, if you really want something, you have to claim it for yourself. If you want to be something, you have to declare to yourself that it is what you are. If you don't believe it, then it's never going to be true. But if you declare it, if you profess it, if you fully and completely claim it and start working toward it, it's yours.

So claim it. Claim what you are. Be what you want to be.

Want to know what I claim?

Christian. Artist. Writer. Woman. New Creation. Senior Editor. Full-Scale Printer Owner. Wife. Fluent Russian-Speaker.

Am I all of those things, currently? Maybe not. But I claim them. I profess them. I am them. Whether the world sees me that way or not.

Because someday, the things on that list that I might not be right now, I will be.

Just watch me.

I claim it.

You should too.

[love]

{Rani Divine}

No comments:

Post a Comment