Friday, July 24, 2015

I, Writer.

This week we've been talking about creatives and the fight against depression. Monday we determined that it's not inevitable. Wednesday we discussed a way to fight it off. Today, we're talking about the last piece of the puzzle, the last thing I want you all to remember as you fight the good fight.

I have what He says I have




Philippians 4:13 (KJV) - I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me


1. I am


Our Father is the great I AM. You know this. I know this.

Christ is the great I AM. You know this. I know this.

We are Christians, and Christ is in us. The Holy Spirit is in us.

That means that we have the same things as Him. We have His strength. We don't have to fight this fight on our own. It's not up to us. It's up to Him (and guess what? He already won). He's given us His strength, and through Him, we can do all things. 

2. I have


We have strength.

We have peace.

We have joy.

Love. Patience. Kindness. Goodness. Gentleness. Faithfulness. Self-Control.

And we won't give it up for something lesser.

Those are the fruits of the Spirit, those are the things that we inherently have in us through Him. We have no reason to turn our back on them. 

3. I speak


Say it out loud. Remind yourself. Let yourself hear it in your ears, through your lips. Say it. Hear it. Remember it. Never forget that this is who you are, and that you are strong enough. You won't give up. That's not who you are. It's not who I am.

Tell yourself.

Don't allow yourself to forget.


Allow yourself to love.

[love]

{Rani}

No comments:

Post a Comment