Monday, May 12, 2014

Rani's First Rant

Often, writers get called lazy. 


Know why?

It's cause we sit on our bums all day and stare at a computer screen.

Thing is, it's not laziness. 


Though our corporeal bums are sitting in these chairs and our eyes are staring at a screen, our fingers are rapidly typing away, and our minds are busy creating things that many people wouldn't know how to create.



Truthfully, it really bothers me when people call writers lazy. (I wouldn't go so far as to call it hate, but it's probably borderline.)

Do you have any idea how much work we do in any given day, when all we're doing is writing?

We're sitting here killing people, making other people fall in love, pulling on your heartstrings, creating intricate plot lines that we hope won't fall apart by the end of the story, all for your enjoyment and our happiness, and some people have the nerve to call us lazy.



I guess what I'm saying is...


I really wish more people would think carefully about things before they speak. Because writers are far from lazy, I'll tell you that right now. 


You may now return to your regularly scheduled programming. :)

(RD)

No comments:

Post a Comment