Tuesday, March 24, 2020

Seat of Your Pants: Just keep swimming


Hi everyone, and welcome back to Too Many Books to Count! I’m so glad you stopped by, because today… I have something important to tell you. But that’ll have to wait until the end.

For now, today, we’re ending our series on writing by the seat of your pants. All month long, we’ve been talking about what it’s like to write without an outline, and why it’s so different from writing with an outline. We’ve talked about how we start a story, how we continue and conceptualize a story, and even how we occasionally restart a story. And today, we’ll talk about the end. How to finish, you might say.

Seat of Your Pants: Just keep swimming


This, I think, is the hardest part, for people who don’t write in this method. The thing that you must remember to do, no matter what, is to keep swimming. Keep going. Keep pushing. Keep writing. And eventually you’ll reach the end of the story. I’ll admit that sometimes I even outline, when I come near to the end—but that’s not very often. More likely, I just keep writing. And that’s what you should do, too.


That’s what we all do, when we write in this method. When you write by the seat of your pants, eventually, you’ll get it right. You won’t have to restart your story. Everything will flow, just the way you want it too. And then, if you just keep going, you’ll reach the end. You’ll get to the end, and you’ll experience that rush of coming to the end of your story.

You just keep swimming. Because that’s what you have to do. Because that’s what you want to do. Because that’s what you’re called to do.




Which brings me to the important part…


There’s a change coming, for me. It’s nearly here, really. Very nearly. Because my books, all of them, are about to be pulled off the market. All of them. Every single one. The babies that I’ve worked on for the last decade, the books that I’ve cherished and loved for so long… they won’t be available again, for a long while.

RAD Writing is closing its doors.

That’s something I never thought I would say, ever. I thought I would work there for the rest of my life, that I would enjoy working with them for years upon years to come. And instead… I find myself suddenly staring at a Google search for book agents. Because as you all know, I really don’t want to self-publish again. I would much rather be traditionally published.

So that’s what I’ll be working toward. And I’ll be sure to keep you all in the loop, along the way. I promise.

I’m starting a YouTube channel, called Art of Divine, if you want to keep a better eye on what I’m doing and what’s going on. And I’m not sure what else to tell you, except that my books will be highly discounted online until RAD Writing runs out of stock, so if you’d like a copy while they’re still available, now’s the time to get them.

I am also considering printing a few copies of Cayau, personally, for my biggest fans, my friends, and my family. So if that’s something you’re interested in, then please send me a message on Facebook, and we’ll talk further. :)

I’m surprised. As surprised as you all, I’m sure.

But I’ll just keep swimming. Because I’m a seat of your pants writer, and that’s what I do.

[love]

{Rani Divine}

No comments:

Post a Comment