Monday, January 21, 2019

Unique


Hi guys, and welcome back to Too Many Books to Count! I’m glad you stopped by :)

All month long, we’ve been talking Druids. Why? Because Anialych: People of Sand will be hitting shelves this March, and because preorders open in just over a week! I’m unbelievably excited for you all to experience the chronological first of the Druid Novels. Seriously, you don’t want to miss this one. It’s time to find out how it all began.

For now though, let’s continue our discussion on the other Druid Novels. So far, we’ve talked about the book that started it all, the book that started the series, and the book that I fought like nobody’s business. Today, let’s talk about the one I couldn’t get enough of.

Mynidd: People of the Hills


For the first time since Coetir, I didn’t fight this one. I knew now that it was a series, and that it was a series I couldn’t stop writing. By now, I’d taken the time to map everything out, to design the series as a whole, and I knew exactly what Mynidd needed to be. By the time I sat down to write it, I couldn’t wait any longer. I needed to know how this story unfolded. I needed to experience it for myself. And that’s why I still call Mynidd my favorite of the bunch. Because it was the one I couldn’t wait to write.

Mynidd, after all, is the story that flips everything on its head.


If you know anything at all about the druids, then you know they’re peaceful creatures. You know that they’re out in the world striving for peace. So when Mynidd opens with war, with the druids battling their way into the human’s village and detonating bombs, you know that this book isn’t going to be like the others.

No, this is the book that I couldn’t wait to write, because at the time, I had no idea how this was all going to work.

The Mynidd aren’t like their brethren. They’re not the kind of druids that thrive on peace and gentility. They’re harsh. They’re set in stone. And they know what they need to do. Even before I started writing the book, the Mynidd characters knew exactly what they needed to do and how they were going to do it. While I struggled to figure it out, they sewed the pieces together all by themselves.

I’ll tell you, I loved this book so much, I even loved editing it. Yeah, it was a lot to do, yeah, I had to rewrite whole scenes because I’d written them in the wrong person’s point of view, but you know what I didn’t have to do? I didn’t have to change the plot. I didn’t have to make hugely any major changes, or cut out any characters, or do any of the things I hate doing when it comes to editing.

I loved this book so much that it flowed out of me, that the edits flowed out of me (even when I was tired of doing them), and that I know once you pick it up, you won’t be able to put it down.

Of course, that made it quite the shocker, when it came time for me to write Anialych. You’ll see.


[love]

{Rani Divine}

No comments:

Post a Comment