Monday, April 25, 2016

Spinning

Happy last-Monday-in-April! Interesting, how the older we get the more the years speed by...

But that's not what we're here to discuss.

Today, we're talking about something that I know to be fairly true, because I've tried to make it untrue in my life many a time... and failed.


Writers... Never Turn Their Brains Off.



Nope. We don't. Mostly because we can't. Even when I'm sleeping, there are still stories going on, things happening that I should be remembering and writing down, things that intrigue and interest. During the day is worse, because there are stimulants to the ideas. People, music, sounds, people, television, animals, did I mention people?

We've talked about this a lot this month. Writers bring tools with them wherever they go, so they never have to stop writing. Even when we're not working on a story, we're working on some semblance of story. It's a major part of who we are, something that we ascribe a large portion of our time, and for that reason, we rarely stop thinking about it.

Even right now, while I'm writing this blog, I'm thinking about the story I need to go write. I'm considering how to word things, how to make you more interested in what my character has to say, and how to truly show you how much she's changed throughout this series.

Many of us have tried to shut our brains off, even for a short amount of time. I've already admitted that I've tried to do so. Trouble is, even when we try, it never really goes away.

Even with the best of efforts, with the strongest of attempts to make myself rest and make everything fade away for even a moment, it only gets worse.

I only keep thinking about it.

I only get more ideas.

I only want more to sit down and write.

And so, I do. And I've stopped trying to stop my brain from doing so.

[love]

{Rani D.}

No comments:

Post a Comment