Thursday, July 24, 2014

Cope

Happy Friday everyone! As promised, today's post features my first guest blogger! Leave her lots of love, and don't forget you can drop a comment here or on Facebook and send me a message if you'd like to hear more. This is only part one of two for Deanna, so stay tuned for the second part, date TBA

{RD}

~~~

Hello all you writers out there! This is your guest blogger – Deanna Leah!

Most writers have been writers their whole lives. Maybe they are casual writers like I was until two years ago or maybe they have worked to become disciples of their own souls and of the world around them. It is a lot of work to be always watching, feeling, and seeking to understand who you are in the world around you, but only the people who do can ever pen an award winning life changing work.

Have you ever written a work just to cope with a pain in your own life and it became your salvation?

I have and I have to tell you it is the best feeling. I had always written to change the lives of other people, but “my work in editing”, Mr. Arnold Brunch: Of Snowflakes In October, completely transformed what writing was to me. With every word I punched out on the keyboard, every tear I cried, and every character I created, I found myself taking on a new form.




By the day I wrote THE END at the bottom of my messy manuscript I couldn't look back at myself a month prior and say that I was the same person. I had never before experienced the polishing effect of a novel on the soul. I see the world and myself differently after Mr. Arnold Brunch came into my heart and did his cleaning. He showed me who I was and what I needed to do. I was molded like clay throughout the process, but it was only because I let it happen.

I hope you will let your writing shape you through your sleepless nights of lying awake and thinking of that next scene. I hope you will let your characters see through your eyes and change what you see there. I hope you will let the terrors and pains of your story become your own and therefore strengthen you.

It is the most beautiful thing to pour yourself out on the page and then watch it fly off.

It's so terrifying, but so freeing.

If you want to read more come back to Rani Divine soon as this is only part one of two connected posts! While you wait for my next post you should go to: www.onthewaytothere.wordpress.com and www.typewritersjourney.wordpress.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment