Thursday, June 14, 2018

What does a Rani write


Hey everybody! Welcome back to Too Many Books to Count! I’m glad you stopped back in. Today will be fun, I promise. :)

Rani Writes

But what does Rani write?


Well, that’s what we’re talking about today. In case you’re new here, in case you don’t know a whole lot about me and what I’ve been writing, let’s take a few minutes today to talk about my passion, and the books that have come out of it.

The Past:
Telekinetic was the first novel I published. I call it my post-apocalyptic x-men novel, but there’s really a lot more to it than that. I really think there’s too much story in that book to be contained in just one book, and that that makes it a little muddy, but I’ve gotten decent reviews on it, and I know several readers who couldn't get enough. Feel free to check it out, if you get a chance. I will continue it at some point, I promise. The books are all written, it's just that I need to clean them up and make them read better.

From there, I moved onto the Druid Novels. These are my pride and joy, my kiddos, my favorites. Of everything I’ve written (and it’s a lot more than what’s on the shelves, let me tell you), these are my best works.

But what are they?

They’re a story about life coming into its own, in many different ways. They’re about people making a way for themselves, about building lives and striving to be better. They’re about life, but set in a world very much unlike our own—and yet more like ours than you might realize, if you stop to think about it.

Coetir: People of the Woods, Cedwig: People in the Vines, Dwr: People in the Water, and Mynidd: People of the Hills are the books released so far. I haven’t been releasing them in chronological order, so you'll get to experience the story as I experienced it, entirely out of order. Only two books remain, the beginning and the end. The two that will bring all the pieces together.

But don’t worry, these novels are completely designed to stand on their own, and to be read in any given order. As long as you read the last one last, you’ll be fine.

The Present:
As you well know, the Druid Novels are done. I’ve written them. In fact, I’ve struggled to find something to write, ever since I finished them.

Well, I’ve found it.

Atlyna

That’s the working title, of course. Actually, it’s the name of a world. And this is a story unlike anything you’ve seen from me before—which is what makes it so much fun to write. Imagine a world where the only higher beings always agree, where even if they disagree, the standard of society is to agree. One person chooses for the whole of their people, and once a choice is made, it cannot be unmade. No one else may make another choice which goes against a prior decision.

Now, imagine humanity coming to that world, in all our chaotic glory. Imagine those higher being choosing to hide away in their own world, waiting for humanity to leave. And imagine how humanity will actually behave, in coming to a new world—and in discovering a species they never knew was there.

That’s what Atlyna is about. And it’s a lot of fun.

The Future:
Do we ever know what the future holds?

For my part, I hope to stick to my roots of science-fiction and fantasy, but I would love to throw in a little bit of horror, here and there. After all, Letters from Hell had to come from somewhere, didn’t it? There’s a little bit of horror inside me, and I’d love to explore it and see where it takes me.

But for me, sci-fi is my love. Fantasy is my joy. They’re where I’m most happy, where I’m most comfortable. And there where I can work outside the box, while staying completely inside the box at the same time.

Perfect, right? 

If you want to check out any of the books I've mentioned in here, head over to www.RAD-Writing.com/Store — there, you'll find print copies of all my books, as well as digital editions that don't span a single platform. Yeah, if you buy an eBook from RAD, you're getting an eBook that'll work on ALL your devices, for the same price you'd pay for one Nook Book or Kindle Book at Barnes & Noble or Amazon. 

Pretty cool, don't you think? 

[love]

{Rani Divine}

No comments:

Post a Comment