Thursday, April 12, 2018

Divimily?


Hey everybody! I’m back, to tell you a little bit more about me. And today, we’re starting to get a little more personal.

Who is Rani Divine, you ask?

I am a daughter.


Really?! I’m sure you’re shocked. But yes, I was born of someone, and am therefore someone’s daughter. But really, I’m very close with both of my parents. My mother and I actually spend a great deal of our time together, and I try to spend as much time as possible with my father.

I’ll tell you a bit about them, how’s that?


My father is from India/Pakistan. He’s an engineer by trade, who moved to the States for school, met my mother, married her, and somehow ended up in New Mexico. That’s a very long story, condensed into one sentence which probably raises more questions than it answers. But he now works in cyber-security, which means that my computer system is super secure, courtesy of his company. Woo!

My mother, on the other hand, is a mostly Dutch girl from Michigan. She met my dad in college, and they were married less than a year after they met. She currently does the bookkeeping for Dad’s company, and she gets to do so out of the house, which means…

Mum and I work in the same building.

Yep, you read that right. And if you’ve been paying attention, you’ll know what that means.

I live with my parents.

I’m not ashamed of it, I see nothing wrong with it, so don’t go trying to bring any of that up. They’re both very happy to have me here, and I try my best not to be a burden on them in any way, so don’t go getting any ideas in that regard.

Honestly, I look at it this way: I’m a single young girl who doesn’t need to leave the house to work. I also get along very well with both my parents, and we’re all very aware of the fact that I’d rather live in the UK than the US—so why not spend as much time with my parents as possible, while I’m still around? Besides, if I didn't live with them, I would never have any social interaction except on church days and days when I have events, and then I'd basically be a hermit. 

I don't want that.

We all have great fun though. Mum has taught me my passion for good cooking and baking, Dad taught me the value of ethics and hard work, and we all make each other laugh on a regular basis, which is seriously one of my favorite things to do.

I giggle. A lot. Inappropriately, occasionally, and I can’t help it.

Fortunately, Mum’s usually laughing right along with me.

[love]

{Rani Divine}

No comments:

Post a Comment