Monday, April 4, 2016

Writers are...

My book comes out tomorrow. 

Maybe you didn't hear me right. 

MY BOOK COMES OUT TOMORROW!!! 



Seriously, if I wasn't so devoted to actually writing things in here for you guys, I would just keep shouting about how excited I am. Cedwig was one of my favorite stories to work on, and I can't wait for you all to have your own copies!
Don't forget, if you're going to be in Gallup, NM this weekend, I'll be at the Gallup Public Library this Saturday!


But for now, I've promised to actually write about something... and this month, I picked something fun!

Facts and Misconceptions about Writers

#1: Writers are... Crazy



Yeah, we get that a lot. People say we're crazy, because we have so much going on inside our heads and so many things that we have to keep straight, that we have little choice but to go a little wonko sometimes. But you know, maybe that's how we like it.

At least, that's what they say.

Some of us like to ignore them when they talk like that, because we don't like to be seen as the crazy folks, the weird cousins no one really wants to hang out with. We'd much rather be the fun ones, the ones who have a lot going on in their heads but can use it to have some good times.

Instead, we get marked as being crazy.

But, in my head at least, I think there's some fact to it.

See, writers have to be at least a little be crazy, don't they? We have to be able to house dozens (or even hundreds) of different people and personalities within ourselves, and keep them all straight at the same time. We also have millions of plots running through our heads, playing out before our eyes in several different directions at a time, so we get to choose the ones we really want to follow.

So maybe that means we're a little crazy, in the eyes of non-writers. Maybe that makes us look like we're a little off, because we can go off in conversation with people who exist only within ourselves, and if you're not one of us, that looks downright weird.

But the truth is, for us, it's completely normal.

...isn't it?

[love]

{Rani Divine}

No comments:

Post a Comment