Wednesday, April 20, 2016

Shiver

Wednesday has arrived! I'm excited for that, for some reason. Don't ask me why. Honestly don't know.

How many of you guys have your copies of Cedwig? I've been hearing from a few of you over the past week, and I'm so excited to hear what you have to say! I worked hard on this story. I actually fought this story. But that's a tale for another time. *wink wink*


Want to know what else a lot of people think about writers? They think...


Writers... Are Afraid.



Seriously, people? For the record, I got most of these topics from you, from readers of Too Many Books to Count and people who frequent my Facebook page.

Apparently, a lot of people think that writers are afraid. That or one of you lied and just wanted to see what I would say about this topic. I know who gave me this topic. I will speak to you about this.

To the point though, I don't think writers are any more afraid than any other group of people. Honestly, I'd be more inclined to say writers are stronger and far braver than average. See, we're willing to put our characters through hell time and time again, and we're strong enough to stand there and watch while they die, over and over, until everything is worded just right.

We can't afford to be afraid.

If you think writers are just afraid in life, then I'd say you're mistaken. Our work in writing carries over into life. It has to. It always does, between work and everyday life. The two can't stay separate forever.

We're strong in what we do, we're brave in what we do, and that relates to our lives.

Maybe sometimes we're afraid. Most people are. I don't think that's reason enough to say that all writers are afraid, all of the time. But there are, as with nearly everyone, things that give us pause.

Misconception, I say.

[love!]

{Rani}

No comments:

Post a Comment