Monday, August 24, 2015

Mocked

Today's question struck a chord in me. It did so because I relate to it, because I understand where the questioner is coming from, and I feel the hurt within it. For that reason, I've chosen to write you a letter in response. 

"How many times will I be mocked for my life choice?" 

Mocked




Dear Questioner, 

I'm sorry. Truly, I am. I wish that you hadn't been mocked, that people had looked at you and seen the passion in your eyes. That's what we are, isn't it? We're passionate people, passionate about something it seems many limit to the shadows. People say we're making idiotic decisions, that we're not going to be able to make a living doing what we love, so what's the point in doing it at all.

But there is a point. 

If there's one thing that shines a light for you at the end of this dark tunnel, let it be that there is a point. 

The arts impact people more than you think. Art is something people can spend a lifetime studying, and still not know everything there is to know. Art surrounds us almost every day, and most people don't even realize that it's changing them. 

You have the power to do that. You have the power to bring change, to be a bright and shining light. Within your grasp is the power to change the status quo. 

So don't give up. I'm begging you, don't give up. 

People might mock you, it's true. They might say you're stupid for following your passion. 

I say you're brave. 

There aren't a lot of people who can make a living doing what they love to do, but I believe it's because they lack that passion, that drive. If you have it in you, then use it. Let it fuel you and push you to new heights. Shrug off the mockery as best you can, and shine. 

You're braver than you think. 

You're stronger than you think. 

And you're not a fool for following your dream. 

[love]

{Rani Divine}

No comments:

Post a Comment