Friday, April 24, 2015

Anything

Every once in a great while, I get a weekend to myself. Sometimes I go away, sometimes people leave town and I get to stay at their houses, other times it just somehow happens and I get to be alone for a few days.



In many ways, those are my favorite times.

Not because I'm alone, not because I don't have any distractions, but because of the silence.

See, many people don't appreciate the value of silence.

To me, silence means five things:


1. I'm free to think

2. My other senses are heightened

3. I'm not busy

4. I can pay more attention

5. Anything can happen



And that's it. That's why I love the silence. Anything can happen -- that's pretty much the crux of it. Anything can happen, and anything will happen.

That's why I like to be alone, why I like to find a few weekends a year to just be by myself in the purest of silences. And it just so happened that this one turned out to be a little rainy, which is by far my favorite sort of weather.

My voice may cause me to sound like an old man after not talking for so long, but I think it's worth it.

Because anything can happen.

What do you guys do on your days to yourselves?

[love]

{RD}

No comments:

Post a Comment