Friday, July 4, 2014

Soul Bearers

Welcome back to our Friday series! Quotes quotes quotes galore!

That's the best name I've been able to come up with. I trust you won't judge me.



I have no idea who said this, but whoever said it is brilliant. Why? Well I'll tell you why.

See, writing isn't just something that you do, in my opinion. Writing is a part of you, it's a very significant chunk of who you are, of your very heart. So when you write, you're not just writing down whatever words you happen to think of: you're giving out a little piece of yourself.

This is also the only way I'm able to explain why people frequently don't finish their works, or refuse to share them with the public:

They're a piece of who we are, and it's hard to show that to the world.


I can't even count the number of people I know who have stories inside them, people who want to write those stories down but can't bring themselves to do it.

And still there are people who have written the work, who've shown that they have promise and talent when it comes to the act of writing, but sharing their work with anyone is beyond their capability.

It can be debilitating, to be sure. I had a difficult time sharing this part of me with anyone for quite a long time, but as soon as I did, let me tell you now, it was the biggest release I've ever felt.

In truth, these pieces of us, these parts of our souls that we bear upon the page, are the parts that want to be seen by the world. They're the pieces that are begging to be let out in the open, that want more than anything to be read by someone, anyone, as long as it isn't you, the writer.

Why?

Because it's your work, and you already know what it says.

Writing it down is the first step. Letting it out, sharing it with the world, is the next and hardest thing to do.

But believe me, when you do it, when you're able to let that little piece of you go and be free, you'll truly know what it is to be a writer, and what it is to live this life of creativity.

You're going to love it.

[love]

{RD}

No comments:

Post a Comment