Thursday, May 31, 2018

Keep calm and...


The end of May has arrived, my friends. It was bound to happen sometime, wasn’t it? Tomorrow, we put the wedding cake together. Saturday, I’ll be able to think again. I look forward to it, I really do. I have so many things I want to do, that I just can’t do without full brain power. It’s taking up too much space. I don’t like that.

I digress.

For the final of the month, I have one thing I want to remind you, when you feel like you’re in that rut. One more thing that you should do, no matter how you’re feeling about your writing. One more thing that you should always keep in mind.

Carry On


Bet you didn’t see that coming!

Yeah, of course, keep going. Carry on. You’re a writer, aren’t you? So write. But remember that you don’t have to write the things society says you have to write. You don’t even have to write the things your head wants to write. In fact, I’d say that you should be writing the things your heart wants you to write. That way, you’ll be less likely to fall out of love with it at all.

Point is, it doesn’t matter if you’ve tried every single thing I mentioned this month and none of them have worked. It doesn’t matter if you’ve tried a million other things, and you still feel like you’re in a rut. Eventually, the writing itself will help get you out of it. It’ll remind you how great it is, how wonderful it is to be writing. The story will draw you in again, and you’ll fall in love just like you did when you first started writing. It will happen. You know that, because you’ve experienced it before. I know it, for the same reason.

So keep going.

Stay strong.

Never let your tired mind convince you that this isn’t good anymore.

Don’t let life drag you down.

You’re a writer, aren’t you? Well, writers write. It’s what we do. No, we may not be constantly writing our novels, but we are always writing. Even if that writing is only in a humble blog post, which will only ever be read by a few hundred people.


Keep writing.

Don’t Stop.

Let those words draw you back in again.

You know they will.

[love]

{Rani D.}

No comments:

Post a Comment