Thursday, March 1, 2018

The time has come



It’s March!

Know what that means? It means that the Mavguard Magazine submissions window is now open! And that means that I’m here to talk to you about it. Because I always do. You know me so well! ;-)

From now until the end of June, Mavguard is accepting submissions in art, poetry, and short stories. And I know what you’re thinking. “Oh, it’s open until June, so I have plenty of time to get something sent in.” Well, that’s where you’re wrong. June is right around the corner. Notice how fast January and February went by? That’s how fast these next few months will go, too.

Four months sounds like a lot of time, but it’s really not—and if you procrastinate through to June, you know very well that you’re not going to do it at all.


I know you. I was you, once. I was a procrastinator.

I’m not anymore. You don’t have to be, either.

So what sort of creative work do you do?


Are you a writer? A poet? An artist? Do you have anything that’s nearing completion?

I’ll let you in on a little secret:


Mavguard will actually accept unedited submissions early on in the submissions window, and you’re more than welcome to tweak things and send it back in before we start reading.

Actually, it’s something I recommend doing. If you let us know that you’re sending in an unedited manuscript and that you’d like us to remind you that you’ll need to send in a new file, we’re more than happy to do so!

All we want is for you to get published. We want to help you get there, get your work in a print and digital publication. And we’ll do whatever we can to help you get there.

So do it! Take us up on our offer. Send something in early. If you like, ask if one of our volunteers can read it early and give you some pointers on where to go with it (generally for poetry and short stories, of course, but we’re also happy to review art).

We’re here for you.

Always have been.

Head over to Mavguard’s site now to check out our guidelines and send in your work. And no, you won’t see this little secret shared anywhere on the site. That’s why it’s a secret. ;-)

[love]

{Rani D}

No comments:

Post a Comment