Tuesday, March 27, 2018

I like people... right?


Hey all! I hope you’ve hopped on over to RAD Writing or Amazon to order your copies of Mynidd: People of the Hills. I cannot tell you how thrilled I am to have this book on the market. It’s one of my favorites that I’ve written, and I’m looking forward to finding out what you all think of it.

But for today, we’re back to our series on the human side of being a writer.

Thus far this month, we’ve talked about not liking to write, read, edit, or really, work in general. And I have two more things to share with you this week, before we close out the series.

Sometimes, I don’t like to be social.


Okay, I’ll be honest. There are a lot of times when I don’t like to be social. I’m an extroverted introvert, so though I do like to be social sometimes, after a while I can find it incredibly draining and taxing. And we all know how horrible taxes are. ;-)

For authors, there’s a big portion of life that has to be social. Whether it be online or in person, we have to be the social butterfly who’s constantly sharing information about their books and events they’re doing… and it gets old, really fast.


Many of us are introverted. In fact, I would go so far as to say that the majority of writers are actually introverted, which means that it can be a lot harder than you might think, for us to get out there and do the things we need to do to promote our books.

You know what though?

That’s okay.

Promoting our writing is the way we’re going to work on getting ourselves out of our boxes, but it’s completely okay to go back into your box when you’re done. Finish your event and go curl up on your couch with a good book. Go hide for a while, in a place where you can’t see anyone and no one can see you. Go do something that involves nothing of a social nature at all. Go binge watch a television show.


There’s absolutely nothing wrong with being introverted. It’s a facet of who and what you are, and it’s not something you should even try to change.

Work with it. Use it. I’m guessing it’s probably easier for you to be social online than it is in person, so try to do as much online marketing and events as possible. Be a face on a screen, rather than a face in person. Do as much as you can from your box, and then go outside it when you can.

Nobody’s asking for anything more than that. And if they are, you probably don’t need them in your life.

Just being honest here.

[love]

{Rani D.}

No comments:

Post a Comment