Monday, April 17, 2017

Thrill Me



Hey all! Welcome to a new April week!

First and foremost, thanks again to everyone who came out to God’s House Church this past weekend to see us! We had so much fun with all of you, and we can’t wait to do more events like it. You guys are awesome. Seriously. Can’t get enough of hanging out with you.

To the task at hand, you know what’s a really great genre that I wish I read more of? Today’s genre, obviously.

Thriller


Seriously, why don’t I read more thrillers? I watch them all the time, but I very rarely pick up a thriller book. I think that should be mended. Leave me a comment and let me know what thrillers I should read!

Because I don’t read them very often, unfortunately, this one I’m actually going to have to do mostly from the perspective of the thrillers I watch, instead of those I read. Sorry about that.

So, why do we enjoy it?


Well, for me, thrillers are great because they really get your heart pumping. They get you going, get you thinking about what could possibly happen next that might make the story even more… well, thrilling. It’s the genre we turn to when we don’t want to be falling in love or thinking about how the plot is all going to tie together, but is really just going to build in intensity until the very last moment.

It’s like a roller coaster, now that I think of it.

What do we gain from it?


This question is slightly more difficult to answer. At least for me, there’s not a lot to be gained from it except an experience and an adventure, a thrill that’s going to last a lifetime—at least, with a good book. You know how it is with movies. They fade more quickly from the mind.

With thriller books though, we really do gain that experience. A good thriller book makes us feel like we’ve just been on the craziest ride of our lives, and by the end we’re really ready to put it down and think about something else for a while. But that’s not to say we won’t be picking up another one in two hours’ time.

Actually, now I think of it, that’s why I haven’t read thrillers in a while. They’re addicting. They’re like that roller coaster you just can’t get enough of at the amusement park, and we just want to go on a ride all over again once this one's done.

That, authors, is why you should write thriller. Because we’ll always come back for more of it. Always.

[love]

{Rani D.}

No comments:

Post a Comment