Friday, April 7, 2017

Q+A



As you know, the preorders for Dwr: People in the Water are now open at the RAD Store Online. (How cool is that?!)

But what does that mean? What is the third book in the series going to bring us?


Well, that’s what I’m talking about today, and every Friday this month.


Today, I’m answering the top four questions you’ve asked me regarding Dwr and the Druid Novels in general! Woo!


  • How did you start writing this series?


Well, that’s a funny story. See, I started the Druid Novels out of a single sentence uttered by a teacher in a single class in college. I was taking Viking Mythology with my brother and a bunch of friends (seriously, there were at least eight people I knew in there—it was great), and our teacher mentioned something about the druids, and their living out in the woods and their use of magic, and the opening lines to Coetir popped into my head.

As I’ve mentioned a few times before, I’m actually releasing the Druid Novels in the order in which I wrote them, not the order in which they take place. Which leads into…


  • Where does Dwr pick up, in the overall story?


I’m glad you asked! Dwr picks up right before Coetir. So when Dwr ends, that’s where Coetir technically starts. You could say that makes it a bit of a spoiler, because you know what happens next in the series, but I don’t think of it that way. You don’t know how this will happen, how things will play out, or what to expect from either the humans on their ship or the Dwr under the waves. There’s a lot going on, and a lot I can’t tell you about without giving something away.


  • How did you start writing Dwr?


That’s a funny story. My brain wanted me to write Dwr shortly after I finished Coetir, but I fought it for a long time. I wrote something remarkably similar, even knowing that that story wasn’t what it was supposed to be, because I’d set it in the wrong world. I then ended up writing Cedwig, which you’ll all have read by now I’m sure *wink*

Dwr though, when I finally did write it, ended up being one of my favorite stories. I still go back to it, when I need a little inspiration. And I think it’s really cool to be able to go to one of my own stories for inspiration, when I’m drawing a blank. Because yes, though I do not believe in writer’s block, I do occasionally find that I don’t have any oomph. Pretty sure we all have those days.


  • What’s your favorite thing about the Druids?


That’s a hard question! I’ve had so much fun with the druids, with the Dewin and all they’ve done in each and every story. You’re all glad, I’m sure, to know that I’ve actually finished the series by now, so you won’t have to wait more than a few years for every book to be on your shelves.

But the druids have meant a lot to me over the years. They’ve taught me a lot about how to write a spiritual people, how to create people unlike most that I’ve met in person.

I love them. I really do. 


Those were your top questions! Let me know if you have any others — I know how excited we all are for the next book to be released. 


Don’t forget to stop by the RAD Store and preorder your copy! I know you’re all ready to experience the next in the Druid series, and I can't wait to get it in your hands!

[love]

{Rani Divine}

No comments:

Post a Comment