Wednesday, March 1, 2017

Par-tay!



By the by, the submissions window for Mavguard just opened, so if you’ve been waiting for an opportunity to submit stuff for the next edition, now’s your chance! It’ll be open for a bit, but don’t wait—we all know what happens when creative people procrastinate, and we don’t want you to forget to send in your work until it’s too late to get it in at all. You know what I’m saying.

The new thing I want to talk to you about today is something that I got to experience for the first time when Ashley Gallegos’ latest novel came out. (If you haven’t heard about it yet, definitely go check it out! It’s available at RAD-Writing.com) I was really wary about this at first, because I really didn’t think that I would enjoy it. I mean, I’m a bit of an introvert, especially in the evenings. You all know this. Still, I had a lot of fun, and I would highly recommend it.

Online Book Launch Parties


Ashley hosted hers online on Facebook, on an event page, and it worked really well for what she was doing. Like I said, highly recommended, and a lot of fun.

Basically, she got together a bunch of authors to promote their own works and celebrate the release of Ashley’s latest book. Authors had to have at least one free ebook that someone could win, which also helped to make it a lot more fun.

Each auther had between fifteen and thirty minutes to talk about themselves and their work, to promote their latest stuff, and celebrate with Ashley on the release of her latest novel. We all spent a few hours online (which, let’s face it, we were going to be doing anyway) talking with each other, showing off our novels and bringing awareness about our work to people who wouldn’t normally see it.

See, the cool thing is that every author invited people, readers, to come to the event. So friends and family from all over the place, people who wouldn’t normally read anything of Rani Divine, for example, got to see some of my work. I talked about my novels, about Mavguard, and about RAD Writing – and I had so much fun doing it!

If you have a book coming out anytime soon, I highly recommend having a launch party. Feel free to contact me or Ashley if you need any help getting started with it or getting the event set up. I’d be more than happy to assist, as always!

And I’m going to say it again: don’t forget to submit to Mavguard! The newest edition has been so much fun to work on, and I honestly cannot wait to see what you all have in store for us next time!

Also, if you haven’t followed Ashley yet online, you’d better go do that right now too. She’s awesome, and so much fun!

[love]

{Rani Divine}

No comments:

Post a Comment