Friday, March 3, 2017

CM



Hey, it’s Friday! That’s cool. It also means that I only have one cool thing left to talk to you guys about, before we start up on our next series.

I realize now that that make it sound like our next series isn’t cool, which isn’t true. I’m super excited for the next series, and I’ve really just been biding my time through this week so I can start on it. I think you’re really going to like it, especially since I’ve had so much fun putting it together. No, I’m still not going to tell you what it is yet. :)

For now, let’s look at the last “cool thing” I want to talk about this week. It’s a website, where I probably have way too much fun.

This one, my friends, is for the creatives as a whole, maybe more for the graphic designers. Maybe. We’ll see.

Creative Market


It’s a website. Feel free to click the link and check it out. It’s where I get a lot of inspiration for what I want to do with Mavguard, and where RAD Writing has found a lot of the details that we use in Mavguard and on book covers. Yup, I’m telling you a trick of the trade.

The really fun thing is, Creative Market usually has fun free things every week or two. So if you’re a hoarder of fun graphic design stuff, fonts, and backgrounds, this is the place for you.

As an author, I’ve found it very helpful for me, to get an idea of what my book covers might look like. I can look up professional pictures, not just the usual drivel that’s all over Google, and find something really cool that’s very exemplary of my work. If you’re working with a publisher, a lot of them really appreciate it when their authors come to them with a cover design idea, as long as it’s something more professional like this.

Really, it’s just a fun site where I get a lot of creative ideas and get to play around with things I wouldn’t normally see. Maybe not super useful for a lot of you, but also hopefully of great use to several more of you! Their prices are great for nearly everything, and their terms are amazing even if you’re wanting to use their stuff for commercial purposes.

Perfect, for the authors out there.

Check it out, at the very least. Give it a look and see if you have as much fun with it as me.

My friends, enjoy your weekend, and look forward to our new blog series, starting on Monday!

[love]

{Rani Divine}

No comments:

Post a Comment