Friday, May 20, 2016

What I want

Good afternoon from your friendly neighborhood author! (You guys catch Captain America: Civil War yet? Spiderman was so funny!)
Last week got a lot of interest with my Mavguard Magazine post, and I wanted to take this time to tell you a little bit more about the magazine and what we're looking for when it comes to submissions.

1. Newbies and Pros


Really, we accept submissions from anyone. If you've been published 3+ times before, we'll even pay you if your submission is accepted for publication.

Our primary goal is to put unpublished people right next to published people and show that there isn't really a difference between the two. Our art is all beautiful, it's all from our hearts and from the depths of our souls, and that's what we want people to see and understand.

2. Art and Literature with Passion


This is the biggest thing. If there isn't any heart in your work, then you might not get accepted. But really, it's like that everywhere. You have to have feeling for what you do, to like what you do and want people to see it, to share it with the world. If you don't want that, then you really shouldn't be submitting anywhere.

If you're passionate about your craft, we want to see it. And trust me, we'll see it in your work. It's easy to find in literature, in poetry, and in every form of art.

Artists know it when we see it, and we're all artists here.

3. Short Stories, Poetry, Art


Blah blah blah, yes, Mavguard accepts fiction and creative nonfiction short stories, poetry, and all forms of visual art. But that's just what's written on the website. I'm one of our main editors, so I'll tell you right now exactly what I'd like to see in upcoming editions of Mavguard.

I want to see longer nitty gritty short stories.
I want more raw poetry, more real words with real feelings.
I want to publish more kinds of art, more than just photography and the occasional sketch.

Really, I want to see everything you have to offer. Dialogue-only short stories, heart-rending poetry, calligraphy, sculpture, creative nonfictional short stories, mixed media art, beautiful poetry that explores the world around us — I want art, real art, and I know many of you are capable of just that.

So why not send it in? Take a shot. Show us what you have.

I can't wait to see it.

Submissions Window Closes June 30, 2016.

www.MavguardMagazine.com


[love]

{Rani D.}

No comments:

Post a Comment