Wednesday, April 6, 2016

Not all writers are...

Cedwig. Is. Out. Now.

If you haven't already, go to www.RAD-Writing.com to order your copy! Or if you're going to be in Gallup, NM this weekend, you can get copies from me personally on Saturday! I'll be at the Public Library from 10am-4pm!

I seriously cannot wait for you all to have your own copies! The book is up on Goodreads, so go say you want to read it! (I'll also be answering as many questions as I can there through the month of April, so don't be shy!)


For today, we're back to talking about facts and misconceptions about writers. This one is one that somehow got attached to all writers, but should never have done.


Writers are... Shy



But are they really? I'll admit that there were a lot of times when I was a child when I would've preferred to hide than speak to anyone, but those times are gone. And I'll admit that there are still many times when I prefer to sit on my couch and read or write, over going out and talking to anyone, but it has nothing to do with my former state of shyness.

In fact, there are a lot of writers who are anything but shy.

To put us all in a box and say that we're all shy folk who don't like to talk to anyone, well that's just unfair. A lot of us are introverted, but just as many of us are extroverted. I'll take a wager and say there are plenty of shy writers out there, but there also must be a plethora of outgoing writers as well.

That's how the world works, you know.

People come in every vein, every shape, every size, every sort. So though yes, there are shy writers, there must also be outgoing ones.

Then, this must be a misconception.

The thing is, most writers who have any shyness within them, have had to learn to push it down. We have to talk to people, to enjoy people's company, in order to promote ourselves and our work. That's how this business functions.

Even if we are shy, you might not ever know it.

So please, stop saying all writers are shy. That's a misconception that should be blatantly disregarded, from this point forward.

But if you want to know why so many of us have our shy tendencies, I'll tell you:

It's because we'd rather be with the people in our heads than with those in the real world. See, we already know them. We don't always know you, do we? 

[love]

{Rani D.}

No comments:

Post a Comment