Wednesday, April 13, 2016

Hush

Happy Wednesday!

Have you ordered your copy of Cedwig yet? I'm so excited to even think of some of you reading this story, this wonderful novel I've crafted into the Druid series. You'll like it, I hope!


~

Oh, we writers... We have many misconceptions about us. Not the least of which:


Writers are... Quiet



This one, I'd say, is true depending on what we're doing at the time. But that's probably true of everyone. When we're busy at work, our minds focused on what we're doing, we don't say much. Mostly, that's because it's hard to talk about one thing and write another at the same time. That's true of most everyone, though.

In the same fashion, we can also be loud. Take last Saturday, for example. Deanna Leah and I got a bit loud at times, and the whole room was a mass of conversation from the thirty or so authors in the room. It got loud.

Tell those people they're supposed to be quiet. Just try it.

People have a tendency to think that writers are quiet because a lot of times, when we're hard at work or researching for a story, we are quiet. During those times, we keep our minds fixated on the task at hand, on research and craft and novel notions. And during those times, we try not to speak about the things that don't matter.

And there's also that whole thing with spoilers!

Sheesh.

A lot of people think I'm quiet, because they're hanging out with me right after I get off work and I can't tell them what I was working on because... spoilers.

I know how much people hate for stories to be spoiled, so I say nothing. I've a feeling a lot of us do.

But if that makes us quiet, then that's not our fault, is it?

;-)

[love]

{RD}

No comments:

Post a Comment