Monday, March 21, 2016

Dear extroverts,

It's Monday!

AND

It's only two weeks until the release of my next book! *squee!*

Check out the new promo video: 





But, as always, today isn't just about celebrating. It's also about the extroverts, since last week we focused on the other side of things.


Dear Extroverted Writers, 


The introverts think you have it easy. You're good with people, you feed off the energy of others, but I know how hard all of this can be for you. Yeah, you have a lot of fun with some of it, but it's not always a walk in the park.

Sometimes the introverts like to take the spotlight on that point, because they think they have the monopoly on problems.

But they don't.

Introverts have their own set of problems, and so do you.

I know it's harder for you to sit down and write, because you'd rather be with other people, not with the ones in your head. I know it's more difficult for you to sit down and edit, because that usually involves quiet time and you'd rather be having more fun. I know that you have your problems too, and I know introverts don't like to see them.

I've spent years learning how to be the best of both sides, to be energetic and fun loving when I need to be, and to sit down and focus on my work when it needs it. It's not easy, either way you look at things.

I know that.

So I'm here to tell you that I see you. I smile and cheer with you when something awesome happens, when you make a sale or get to go to a new signing. I enjoy seeing how you work, seeing how well you do at those events.

I see you, and I applaud you.

You, extroverted writer, have learned something the introverts don't often want to do.

You've learned how to promote yourself, how to be what sells. And you're great at it.

Seriously.

I applaud you.

You're awesome.

[love]

{Rani Divine}

No comments:

Post a Comment