Monday, January 4, 2016

Resolved

Happy New Year, everyone!

I hope that you all had a fun time celebrating the holidays over these past few weeks and months, and that you're all ready to face the new year ahead of us. Should we start making bets on who will be the first to get used to writing '2016' on everything?


This month is one of the most popular when it comes to making resolutions, to deciding on things that will change for our lives. It's a new year, and so it's a new version of us.

That being the case...


Resolved

 


 What better topic for January? The more that I thought about it, the more I knew this was going to be the best thing I could discuss this month.

If you saw my Facebook post on Saturday, then you know this year I'm trying to hit return on a lot of buttons, and get back to how I wanted things to be. That means we're going to be talking more about life for writers and editors, and more tricks of the trade when it comes to writing and editing. It also means I'll be posting more excerpts and short stories for you this year — more fun things for us to keep ourselves entertained, more of the things I so enjoy doing. And it means that most if not all the pictures I put on Too Many Books to Count will now be taken by me, not nabbed off the internet.


But this month, we'll be talking about resolutions. I myself make several resolutions every year, but most of them are things that have to continue into every following year.

For instance, this year one of my goals is to learn more about my authority in Christ, as it is written in the Bible. But that's not something I'll ever finish learning, so it's something I'll have to keep doing for the rest of my life.

Another of my resolutions is to take more pictures, so I can share more of me with all of you. And that's also something that I'd like to continue, long past this year. 


All month long, we'll be talking about resolutions that I've made in the past, ones that are good both for writers and editors. There will be things to help keep us on track and things that we should be doing anyway, but maybe we need to make a resolution just to make it official — and I promise, it'll be a whole lot of fun.


Oh, and one more thing:  this month, all these resolutions, are leading up to something. To one, big, something.

 

February 1, 2016. Right here, in Too Many Books to Count.  

Alone, an excerpt from Cedwig: People in the Vines

[love and excitement]

{Rani Divine}

No comments:

Post a Comment