Monday, January 25, 2016

#8

Happy Monday! This week, to round out this month's series on Writer's Resolutions, I have three very important resolutions that every single writer needs to make.

Resolution #8: Believe in Yourself




Yeah, I know, it sounds a little cheesy. Resolve to believe in yourself. Who doesn't want to do that, and who hasn't failed at it?

Well, you're right. It's hard to master, because there's just so much going on in the rest of the world. Society wants to teach us to hate ourselves, to hate how we look, to focus on complaining and declaring that life is horrible and nothing's getting better. But that's exactly what we need to overcome.


So today, I'm here to give you two reasons to believe in yourself:

1. Power


We might not talk about it all that much, but self-esteem is a powerful tool, and when you believe in yourself and what you're capable of doing, you make yourself that much more able to carry it out. If you can't believe in yourself, if you can't hold your head up and keep your eyes off the ground, you'll just keep looking down, you'll keep aimlessly wandering around, without a real direction. But when you start to believe in yourself, when you trust your ability and the work you're doing, you'll have more confidence to hold your head up, to move forward, and to keep going even if you hit a roadblock.

2. Goal!


This whole month we've been talking about achieving goals. Well, believing in yourself is a good start for actually meeting any of those.

Believe in yourself, believe that you can do this, and you'll set yourself on a path to success instead of one that ultimately leads to failure. No matter what you do, no matter what happens, believe that you can do this. Once you stop believing, once you let all those other voices in, you'll already have given up on your goal. I've seen it hundreds of times, and I've experienced it enough to know I don't want to go through it ever again.


I hope this was an encouragement to you all, and I want you to know that I believe in you. Even now, I believe in you. And I hope that you'll learn to believe in yourself.

[love]

{Rani D.}

No comments:

Post a Comment