Wednesday, October 7, 2015

Washed

Happy hump day! ... I've always felt weird saying that. But I hope you guys enjoyed Monday's post -- I have a lot more in store for you.

Today, we're talking about hair. Things might be a little girly this week, sorry guys.


Two weeks ago was the last time I washed my hair. Sounds gross, doesn't it? You'd think that it would be. But I've been doing my research for a while, and I decided I'd give it a shot.

You guys already know that I'm holistic. So I guess the question would be, why not just make my own shampoo? It's harder than it sounds. Hair has a specific pH, and I am not scientifically minded enough to figure out how all that works. After researching that for a while, I didn't even want to try.

So I looked into different options.

As it was, I already stopped washing my hair so frequently. For almost two years, I've stuck to the pattern of washing my hair 1-2 times a week, depending on what I have going on that week (i.e. if I need to see people, I washed my hair twice, if I didn't, I only did it once).

I kept finding all these bloggers saying how great it was when they stopped washing their hair, because hey, people did it for years with no side effects.


I figured, I already don't wash my hair very often, why not try stopping completely?


So I did.


I would show you a picture, but I've been so busy today that I haven't even made it to the shower. Yet.


But I will tell you that it looks pretty good, and that I keep getting compliments on how cute it is. My hair is short, so the grease doesn't take long to work itself out. By now it feels pretty great, and it'll be a lot easier on my budget.

Why? Because I no longer need to buy shampoo or conditioner.

But sometimes, especially in the beginning, the grease gets overwhelming... and for that, I have a solution for you:


Dry Shampoo




Like Monday, this is a recipe day.

Unlike Monday, there are only two ingredients.

  • 1/4 Cup Arrowroot
  • 5-10 Drops of Lavender or Geranium Essential Oils
  • (plus a cute bottle to put it in)

Mix em up in a bowl, so the arrowroot will develop a smoother consistency, and funnel into your little jar or bottle. Apply to the roots of your hair with an old makeup brush. Leave it in for one or two minutes, then comb it out until you no longer see any white and all the grease has been soaked away.

Magic.


[love]

{Rani D.}

No comments:

Post a Comment