Friday, October 23, 2015

R

It's Friday! And I actually have the day off! Actually, I'm taking a bunch of time off. You'll find out why... eventually. Sorry guys.

Today's the last day in the television show series, and so I wanted to do something a little more fun and tell you about three shows I watch religiously -- three shows that have pretty much nothing in common whatsoever.

Huh?




1. The Walking Dead


You guys already know I watch this show. I was semi depressed when I realized I wasn't going to be in town to see the premiere a couple weeks ago, but I got to spend some time with my great grandmother, so it made up for it.

Despite the horror themes, which I'm honestly not generally a fan of, this show caught my attention and has refused to fully let go. Every time I start to think that I'm done, they do something that pulls me right back in again. I don't know how they do it.

I've become so invested in these characters and their lives that I can't give it up... which makes it one of very few currently running shows I watch (12 Monkeys is the other favorite currently-airing show).

2. Downton Abbey


Pretty soon here, I'll be able to add this to the list of cancelled shows I still binge on. I'm a little sad about that.

From episode one, I couldn't stop. But it's not the infamous Lady Mary that keeps me watching. In fact, it's the people downstairs. They intrigue me, how they can do what they do and be so content with their lives, and yet all at once they decide they'd like more out of living. It's fun, it's intriguing, and it usually ends with me mimicking the British accent, because it's what I do.

If you have an accent and you talk to me, I will copy it. I apologize. I honestly can't help it.

3. Moonlight


Show of hands, how many of you have actually heard of this one?

Now, how many of you have watched it?

Not. Many.

It's okay, I didn't expect many people to have seen it. In some ways, I don't even know why I've seen it, or why I bought the DVD set after having watched only two episodes. But I did. And every year or so I pick it back up and watch it all over again -- all one seasons of it.

It's a vampire private detective. Yup, it's about as good as it sounds.

But I can't freaking get myself to stop!

... help.

[love]

{Rani D.}

No comments:

Post a Comment