Wednesday, October 28, 2015

Bobs

How'd you guys like Monday's recipe? If you try it, send me a picture on Facebook or Instagram and let me know how it turned out!

Today I'm giving you one of my other favorite recipes... and one that has a strange name.

See, when I made this recipe (a tweak off one my dad brought from Pakistan) I had no idea what to call it. However, at that point in my life I had an odd habit of answering every question put to me with the name "Bob Saget"... So when one of my friends asked what I called the dish and I didn't know, I told her it was "Bob Saget Chicken." Long story short, the name stuck.


"Bob Saget" Chicken (or Potatoes)




Ingredients: 


  • 1 lb Chicken Thigh Meat, Sliced into Strips
  • 1 Teaspoon Olive Oil (do not, I repeat, do not, use canola)
  • 1/4 Cup Chicken Stock (obviously, I cook with a lot of chicken stock)
  • 1/4-1 Teaspoon Cayenne, to taste (I like my food spicy)
  • 1/4 Teaspoon Garlic Powder
  • 1 Teaspoon Onion Powder
  • 1/2-1 Teaspoon Smoked Paprika (depends on how smoky you like it)
  • 1/2 Teaspoon Turmeric 
  • Salt, to Taste

Directions: 


Heat the oil in a large saute pan. Once oil is hot, add the chicken, chicken stock, and spices. Cook until chicken is cooked through, maintaining a thin sauce in the pan by adding extra stock, if necessary. Once chicken is cooked through, taste your sauce and tweak spice levels until it tastes how you like it! I recommend serving it over basmati rice with peas, Indian-food style.

Simple, and delicious!

You can also make this recipe with potatoes instead of chicken, just nix the chicken stock and keep a little water in the bottom of the pan to maintain a thick sauce over the potatoes.

Yum!

[love]

{Rani Divine}

p.s. Just for the record, I also call it "Spicy Chicken" or "Spicy Potatoes" to make myself feel less silly.

No comments:

Post a Comment