Friday, October 9, 2015

All Choked Up

It's Friday! *happy dance* Oh wait... I work on Saturday's too. Oh well, it's still Friday!

Thanks to those of you who've sent me your pictures of your homemade products -- I'm glad some of you tried them out, and that you're liking them so much. If you'd like to see more stuff like this on the blog, let me know!

Today, however, we're not talking about hair or makeup. We're talking about necklaces.

Some of you, I'm sure, have noticed that I literally always wear a choker. Really, the necklace has become something of a security blanket for me. I feel weird when I'm not wearing one, like I left the house and forgot to put on my top or something. Weird.

But they're expensive. Sheesh, they're expensive. I don't like that part, but I haven't been able to convince myself to stop wearing them.

What's a Rani to do?

Make them herself, of course!

Although, having a basic knowledge of sewing helps.





This one was really quite simple to make, and only took twenty or so minutes (once I figured out what bead I wanted and which clasp worked best).

Step one: Find your lace.


I recommend fabric and craft stores, to make sure you find what you're looking for.



Step two: Beads.


Again, craft stores are your friend. Go ahead and get lots of stuff, so you'll have options for all of your laces. Not every bead will work with every lace.



Step three: Clamps, Clasps, and Chains


Use whatever you know you can fasten easily and quickly, because you never know when you're going to be in a hurry to get your choker off. I've gotten them caught on things before.



Step four: Put it together!


This is the fun part. Use your creativity, some craft glue, some thread, and make something beautiful. Easy peasy (with that basic knowledge of sewing, of course).



Now, I've only recently started doing this, but so far it's been a lot of fun and I've already come up with designs that I've never seen anywhere else.


How many of you make your own jewelry? Let me know or send me pictures in the comments!

[love]

{Rani D.}

No comments:

Post a Comment