Friday, July 31, 2015

Upon the Rock

Sometimes life gets rough. Even I'll admit that. This week was rough. I'll even admit that.

Sometimes we don't want to keep going. There were times this week when I wanted to cease all action and eat an entire bag of chips. From Costco.

Sometimes it seems better to just sit on the ground and cry, than to get up and do something about it.


Isaiah 40:8 (KJV) - The grass withereth, the flower fadeth: but the Word of our God shall stand for ever.


Even when life gets rough, the Word stands.

Even when we don't want to keep going, we have something to push us forward.

Even when we'd rather sit and cry, we have a solid foundation upon which to stand.


Really, it's what every writer needs.


We need something to stand on, something to keep us grounded and to keep us from flying away or falling into a pit.

That's what the Word does for us.

It grounds us.

It holds us in place, and reminds us of the truth.


And that's all we need.

Truth. Love. His Word.

All wrapped up in one.


I'm getting up.

I'm standing.

And I want you to stand with me. 


[love]

{Rani Divine}

1 comment: