Monday, April 27, 2015

Peeved

I'm a writer.

You all know this.

But what you don't know are these three pet peeves I have... which make no sense, what with the fact that I'm a writer.


1. The feel of paper


Okay, okay, I mentioned this one on my Facebook page a couple weeks back, but it's still worth mentioning. I hate how paper feels against my skin -- especially my legs and arms.

But I still prefer to have a paper book, rather than an Ebook.

I know, doesn't make any sense to me either. But it's true. Ask my mother. I frequently refuse to hold a pizza in its box on the way home from Dominos, especially if I'm wearing shorts.

2. Perfect handwriting


This just plain bothers me. How on earth do people have such beautiful handwriting, when mine -- a writer's -- is terrible? I don't get it, and I don't think perfect handwriting should exist.

If we ever meet in person and you want to give me something handwritten, please don't make your writing perfect. Imperfections are what give handwriting its character. It's what makes it different from a typed note.

3. Last but not least... NOT finding typos in published books


They're always there. I look for them whenever I read a book, and for some reason, I'm disappointed when I don't find at least one. I figure, in a book of 50,000 words, there should be at least one typo. (I realize this means there should be four in Coetir... and that bothers me too).

If you can figure out how that makes any sense, I'd love to know.

On the bright side, I just picked up "Xenocide" by Orson Scott Card, and I found a typo on the first page. *contented sigh*


So, what are some crazy weird pet peeves you have, that make no sense given what you do or love? Leave me a comment and let me know I'm not alone!

[love]

{RD}

No comments:

Post a Comment