Friday, April 3, 2015

Boom

Hello happy internet-ers!

In continuation of this weeks "things you probably didn't know about Rani" theme, today we're talking music. The five bands I listen to when I want to... erm... get my groove on? And the five I listen to when I want to write. And the whys.

Boom


Groovy... 


1. Muse - Because we all need some more Matt Bellamy in our lives, and because they have some of the best beats I've ever heard.

2. Florence + The Machine - Because have you heard their lyrics? Sheesh.

3. Purity Ring - Canadians make good music. These guys I actually use when I'm writing science fiction stuff as well, so they're something of a two-for.

4. Kavinsky - Because Drive, that's why.

5. Josh Groban - What girl doesn't like to listen to JG and take a bubble bath?


Writerly...


1. Two Steps From Hell - These guys... It's trailer music, what you'll be listening to in the theater during the previews, and these guys write the best of it all, in my opinion. If you're a fan of instrumental, check them out.

2. Bear McCreary - What's not to like about the man who soundtracked Battlestar Galactica AND The Walking Dead?

3. Ludovico Einaudi  - A lot of it is slower and fascinating sounding, which makes for some very good fantasy writing. And you can usually picture what scene you were writing when you listen to the songs later, which is always fun.

4. Lindsey Stirling or 2cellos - Strings are my favorite. Not sure why, but they are. If you're a strings fan and you're looking for something un-lyric-ed to write to, check either of them out.

5. Soundtracks! - Because sometimes we need the real thing, eh?


I hope you all enjoyed this week of getting to know me better! I now challenge you to post ten fun things about you in the comments here or on Facebook!

[love]

{RD}

No comments:

Post a Comment