Monday, February 2, 2015

Well well well...

Evidently, you just didn't care for my latest contest. Sad day. :'( Nobody wins, nobody gets the awesome prize I picked out.

Not to worry -- it only means I'll have to run another contest later on! And on top of that, we'll be running some specials on the RAD Store for both Coetir and Telekinetic in just a couple of weeks, so keep your eyes peeled!

Meanwhile...


If you're a writer, there's really only one piece of advice I truly have to give you today, and it's this:

Always (and I do mean always) make sure that someone is reading your work.

Yes, while you're writing it.

Why?

Because if you're writing for an audience, you're much more likely to finish the work. Your friend will tell you whether or not your story is working (if they're a good friend) and they'll help you to keep on track with writing it.

I do that even now, with every single one of my books.

There's always someone reading it while I'm working on it, no matter what.

It helps me keep myself on track -- even on days when I feel like my writing is the worst thing on the planet. Because even an amateur can usually tell where the problems are within a story.


I hope you'll take my advice, and send your work to a good friend. I suggest that you make it a close one, to make things easier on yourself in the long run. :-)

[love]

{RD}

No comments:

Post a Comment