Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Vacate

Today, I'm heading back home.

Never quite sure how I feel about that. But on the bright side, I did manage to get almost everything on my list completed--I even posted every blog, even if some of them were a little off schedule.

In fact, that was one of the deals I made with my friends when I bought tickets to fly out this time. I could come stay for a few days, if we all made sure I actually got my work done.

See, RAD Writing is publishing my book--so they have the brunt of the work--but it doesn't mean that I have nothing to do. I've signed on to help Mavguard Magazine launch their first issue, and we're deep into the reading period. I also work as an editor for RAD Writing, where I have a few projects that I couldn't put down for as long as I was going to be away.

So work needed to be done.

But play also needed to be had--because without play, is it even really a vacation?


I'd like to think that this vacation was the best that it could be, and all because I allowed myself to have fun only after my work was done.

It's something I'd suggest to each and every one of you (though I'd also suggest setting up your vacation time when you can actually take time off from work).

Anyway, before I shut down my system and get on a plane back to New Mexico, I have a few pointers for you who still have to work while you're out playing...

  • Keep the work simple
  • Play, but don't get out of hand
  • Work first, play later
  • Early bird gets the worm
  • Night owls have more fun

Yeah, those last two clash--you'll have to figure out what to do with that one yourself.

*wink*

[love]

{RD}

No comments:

Post a Comment