Wednesday, November 26, 2014

NaNo-ed

Tomorrow. Is. Thanksgiving.

How did we already get this far into the year?

More than that, how did we get this far into NaNoWriMo?!

Insanity, I say.


Hopefully, you've all been working dutifully on your novels. I believe in you! By now, you should be very close to the end, as strange as that may seem.

But now that you've come this far, now that the end is in sight, I'm sure you're wondering...

What comes next? 



Obviously, the best thing for you to do is finish your story before considering things like this. But I'm fairly certain that most of you have already thought this far into it. Mostly because if you haven't, I'm really not sure how you've made it this far through NaNoWriMo (and I'd like to know, if you're one of those).

Because I'm a nice person, I'm going to tell you exactly what you need to do once you've finished your NaNoWriMo novel.

Walk away. 


Yes, you read that right.

Just walk away.

Don't start editing, don't stress about it, don't think too much into it.

Just step back, bathe in the light that is the completion of your novel, and take a nice long nap. Maybe a two week nap. Whatever you need.

My next suggestion would be to start working on something else. A different story, a different project, something different. Maybe even start a sequel.

Wait at least a month before you go back and look at your NaNoWriMo novel again. Wait long enough that you're fully aware that it's not the best thing that anyone has ever written, and that you're ready to start cutting and rewriting.

Starting too soon will only cause more heartache.

And nobody needs more heartache. Especially not during the holidays. 

[love and too many pies]

{RD}

No comments:

Post a Comment