Monday, September 15, 2014

The Mondays

Happy Monday, everyone!

Yes, happy.

That's what we're here to talk about.



I hear people complaining almost every week about having a "case of the Mondays" or generally talking down to this simple day.

And it bothers me.

Why?

Because there is really no reason, as far as I can see, why Mondays should be so hated. Yes, Monday means it's the end of the weekend and you have to go back to work. Yes, if you stayed out late drinking on Sunday you're probably going to have a hangover all Monday. Yes, it's the one day of the week where everything seems to pile on and you feel like it's never going to end.

But (and here's my favorite part) you don't have to let all of that get to you.

So what if it's the end of the weekend? There's another one in a few days, and trust me, I know how most of you really spend your weekends and it's nothing to be too terribly excited about. *wink*

So what if you have a hangover? Suck it up, drink some water, and maybe don't drink so much alcohol next weekend.

So what if you have a lot to do this week? You know what? We all have a lot to do, every week. That's life, and eventually you'll need to get used to it.

Mondays just plain have a bad rap, and I really wish that people wouldn't see them so negatively.

I myself enjoy my Mondays, but then, I love making lists, I like to get things done, I get back to writing on Mondays, and Mondays mean that Tuesdays are right around the corner, and Tuesdays are my favorite day of the week. Ask me nicely and I'll tell you why that is.

I digress.

And I'm not sure that I helped Monday's case at all. But now at the very least you know the optimist's view on Mondays.

They're just another day to be lived, and the sun's still shining through it.

Keep your heads up, my friends. Don't let your Mondays get you down. If you let them get you down, they'll do their best to keep you there--and that's the last thing that any of us wants.

[love]

{RD}

p.s. Don't forget about the new excerpt release this coming Friday! It'll be right here on this blog, and will include a contest to win one of my very own fountain pens. And don't worry, it's not difficult to enter. *wink*

No comments:

Post a Comment