Friday, September 26, 2014

Never Fear

It's Friday again! That means there be business to do.

Firstly, I was really hoping that more of you would comment so we'd have more of a contest last Friday, but never fear. We'll run more contests in coming days, don't worry.

We did get one comment last Friday, so M. J. Neal, send me a private message on Facebook with your address so I can get you your prize!

Secondly, RAD Writing is currently in the process of setting up a few book signings in the Albuquerque, NM area for the end of the year! Keep checking back here and on my Facebook page for more information.

Thirdly, if you'd like me to do a signing in your area, send me a private message and I'll see what I can get going. If I can't do a signing, I'll do my best to get you a deal on a new signed copy of Telekinetic.

Lastly, it really is Friday and I really do have things to say. *wink*

"You fail only if you stop writing." - Ray Bradbury

As per usual, this is one of my favorite quotes. 

I'm talking on this today because I'm also working on writing the very end of yet another book (my ninth, in case you were wondering). 

Every day I've written this week, I've written no less than 8,000 words. That's almost 30,000 words since Tuesday, and I'm not counting how much I've written today (since I'm not done). 

Even my best of friends don't understand how I can do this, and come out still sane. 

I'll tell you how I do it: I don't quit. I never stop writing, especially when I'm at the end of a book and I'm so full of ideas that I simply have to get them out. 

Is that possible for everyone to do? No. And I understand that. But the point remains the same. 

If you haven't started writing because you're afraid of failing, then you've already failed. 
If you stopped writing because you were afraid of failing, then you have already failed. 

The only way to prevent failure is to make sure you don't let it happen. 

Keep living, keep writing, and don't let your dreams die. 

And take some aspirin if you've written so much that you can't see anymore. That's usually a good idea. 

[love and naptime]

{Rani D}

No comments:

Post a Comment