Monday, June 16, 2014

In a Time Lapse

It occurred to me very recently that I'm almost done writing two separate novels. 


I only have six chapters left of each, which means it shouldn't take me more than a month and a half to finish them both.

As you all know, I write 4,000-5,000 words per day, six days a week. That means I write three chapters per week (two in one novel, one in the nother).

According to my estimations, I have approximately six chapters left in each novel.



That means I should only have four weeks before I've finished them both!

This called for a very special blog.


Some of you have asked questions about how I get myself into the right frame of mind for the things that I write. (And yes, I've told you this before, but in a different way)


It's all in the music. 


Lately, the soundtrack to both of my novels has been comprised of Ludovico Einaudi's "In a Time Lapse".

(speaking of which, you've no idea how long it took me to find that. I heard it in Schwartzberg's "Moving Art" and fell in love, but I swear this album was hiding)

The music in this album has everything that I've been looking for. Some is soft and sweet, some gentle and moving, some thrilling, some eerie, others erratic, and still others so repetitive that writing in the point of view of the antagonist becomes simpler than ever before.

In short: I highly recommend it. And I'll even get you an Amazon link:

In a Time Lapse (CD)

Lastly...


I'm sure some of you would like to know what novels I'm close to completing. So, I'll tell you.

The first is called Mynidd: The People of the Hills, and is a part of the Druid series (of which Coetir is a part). It is, technically, the fourth in the series, but I'm unsure as to when exactly it will be publically released. If you're all very nice to me, maybe I'll send you an excerpt. ;-)

The second is tentatively titled Daemon, though I'm also toying with calling it The Spirit Within. It's my first dual-timeline story, half of it taking place in modern day LA and the other half taking place far into the past. All I'm saying is that it's creepier than anything I've written before, and that I'm excited to see how it turns out.

Excited yet?

[love]

{Rani-De}

No comments:

Post a Comment