Monday, April 28, 2014

Spoilers?

Last week, as you know, I posted my first book review (and I hope that you enjoyed it). It made sense, then, to talk about spoilers this week.

After all, if I keep writing reviews, it's something we'll run into.


Honestly...

I like spoilers.

But I know that most people don't.

So here's my policy.



I'll listen to every spoiler you know, and I'll enjoy it (the only time I don't like them is with the Walking Dead, but even then I'll generally allow it). I even read the plots of movies before I go see them, and I read the last page of a book before I read the first.

I like to know what I'm getting into, and I like to be prepared for all possible outcomes. That means I have to know what's going on, or at least have an inkling. 

But. I won't generally let others follow in my footsteps.

Most people don't like spoilers, and I don't want to be the one to spoil things for everyone else.

I understand completely that most people absolutely detest spoilers, and so I do my best not to give them away. If there's something about which I must write a spoiler, I promise I'll say so in the title of the blog.

Essentially, though I like my spoilers, and I like to never be surprised, I know that's not where most of you come from.

So I'll keep everything to myself. But hey, if you know something and you simply must spill the beans, or just want to talk it out with someone (like with Agents of SHIELD! Do any of you watch that?) I'm your gal. Send me a message or an email. I promise, I will reply.

{RD}

1 comment:

  1. I tend to avoid spoilers for one simple reason: I try to go into things with only the expectations I can fabricate in my mind sans foreknowledge. I find it helps me not be disappointed when something inevitably falls short of expectations. Thus, I find I'm able to be genuinely honest of my perspective on something (IE, I liked it, I didn't, why, etc).

    ReplyDelete