Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Sneak a Peek! (plus some big news)


As promised, below you’ll find a sneak peek into my novel Coetir: The People of the Woods, a part of the Druid Series. It was inspired by The Saga of King Hrolf Kraki in my Viking Mythology class last year, and I’ve simply fallen in love with this series.



I hope you all enjoy this sneak peek!


"When she crosses the boundary that incites a war between druids and humans, Ellya must find a way to bring the two peoples together before the battle destroys the world as she knows it.

"The human village has a rule: no one crosses the boundary into the woods.
Beyond the treeline lives a group of creatures so fierce that they destroyed half of the human villagers before a treaty could be made. The humans have lived in fear of these creatures for all of their lives.
Ellya, the first woman allowed to serve on the perimeter guard, has never truly feared the druids. She has watched them since she was a young child, and they fascinate her more than anything in the world. When five druid men come to the boundary and execute one of their own, Ellya knows that the world will never be the same.
She crosses the boundary into the woods, believing in her heart that the druids cannot be as bad as the histories say. Her actions will incite a war, and it is up to her and Elim, the first druid man she encounters, to find a way to bring peace before both of their peoples are destroyed.

"Will the humans be able to survive a war against a species so far superior to them, or will the Coetir druids wipe out the human race from the whole of the woods?
Will Ellya be able to find common ground between two distinctly different people groups?

Find out in Coetir: The People of the Woods part of the Druid Series."


© Rani Divine


I know, it’s strange for new writers, having more than one series. But, as you well know, the Advanced Saga isn’t my only one.

In fact, the Druid Series had quickly won my heart and turned me toward the world of Fantasy Fiction (though I still detest that word). The series will be six books long, and, much like Lewis’s Chronicles of Narnia, it will not be published in order.
Book three will be the first released, hopefully in 2015.

My apologies for the wait.
You see, I’m also (drumroll please) working on a new publishing company with my good friends at RAD Writing.

That’s right, folks! RAD Writing is expanding into the world of publishing! (but don’t worry, we’ll still do editing, too).

With the new business, Coetir: The People of the Woods will be able to reach more people, and RAD Writing will gain the experience they need in the publishing business.

We’re all looking forward to the change!

I'll keep you updated as things get going, and I'll let you know the day I sign the papers for publication. Promise. *grin*


Stay tuned next week, for an excerpt from Coetir!

{RD}

p.s. Today I've made the executive decision to push posting time back a few hours, into the late afternoon/early evening. This'll make it easier for me to get better things to you, each time I post.

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment