Monday, March 17, 2014

*applause*

Happy Monday, everyone!

Today, my brain is fried. I really don't feel like writing this blog, but I also feel it's not fair to anyone who actually enjoys reading this, were I to skip another day.
I'm not sure that sentence actually made any sense, and I don't really care.

Why, you ask?

*twinkling eyes*

I'll tell you why!

Yesterday, after several long months of writing, I finished another book!



It's tentative title is Cedwig: The People of the Vines (A Druid Novel)

While writing this book, I realized that the series it is a part of will need to be at least six books long. Thus far, I've written book #3 (Coetir) and book #5 (Cedwig).

I'm far too exhausted to tell you what the story is about, and being that the first draft has only just been completed, I have no idea when you'll be able to read it, but if you like, I can post a scene from one of the Druid books for you to read. Drop me a comment, if you're interested.

After looking over the ending I've just written, I'm fairly pleased with it. Sure, there are a lot of things I have to go back and change in the rest of the book for the ending to actually make sense, but I don't have a problem with that. In fact, I kinda like it. It means I've done my job well.

(did I mention that on Friday I reached a new record in word count? Over 14,000 words written in one day... sheesh. No wonder people say I'm crazy!)

Anyway, this all being the case, I've decided to write a blog about it, listing the stats of the book, maybe because I'm just that happy it's finally done.

  • 27 Full Chapters, 1 Epilogue
  • 214,177 Words (that's around the same amount as Telekinetic, in case you weren't sure)
  • Four Months Full-Focus Writing to Complete (means months where I was only writing Cedwig)
And while writing the book, I found out what I need to write for the nest one! I would put that as a stat, but I'm not sure it counts...

Happy Monday, everyone! (did I say that already? Brain. Fried.)

{RD}

No comments:

Post a Comment