Monday, February 24, 2014

Why Write?


            I started this blog as a place where I could answer questions, where I could get to know people who’ve liked my Facebook page, or people who just thought that I sounded like a fun person. So far, it’s been a great experience.
I hope that you’ve all enjoyed it as well.


            “Why write?” is a question that I get a lot, from a lot of different people—and now seemed like a good time to answer it.

            In essence, I write because I love it. But to make it a little more fun, I’ve made a list of ten reasons why I write, and why I never want to stop.

  • It’s a release, a way to get out emotions and feelings. If ever I’m feeling down about anything, writing can always bring me back up.
  • It’s fun to create new worlds and people, and see how everything interacts.
  • I was called to write.
  • I’ve been writing since I was a wee lass, and it’s always been the thing that I keep coming back to, no matter what.
  • Exploration. Not only of worlds, but of people and things. I know more about people than I ever would’ve known if I hadn’t started writing. I understand people, and why they do the things they do. At least, better than I did before.
  • It’s like making my own movie, with an ending that I know I’m going to like. (I know a lot of writers don’t like the endings they’ve written, but I genuinely enjoy all of mine).
  • Writing broke me out of my shell. I used to be a shy child. People don’t generally call me shy anymore. My laugh echoes.
  • Me talks more gooder now.
  • As the meme says, I now know how to describe anything using all five senses.
  • I don’t really have a choice in the matter. If I don’t write, I generally become angry and no one wants to spend any time with me. Essentially, not writing has the same affect on me as not spending my time with God.

Of course, there are more than ten reasons… These are just the biggest, or the most fun to talk about.

As always, thanks for reading, and don't forget to stay tuned for Wednesday's post!

{RA Divine}


No comments:

Post a Comment